Now, I know this is a simple recipe, but I think Soba noodles are new to a lot of people so this would be an interesting dish to try out. And delicious. I only discovered these tasty buckwheat (gluten-free!) asian noodles within the past couple years myself. Too pricey to replace my go-to (whole wheat) pasta but mmmmm mmmm good once in a while.
Plus, when fiance goes out-of-town my cooking gets simple. I think most of the enjoyment I get from cooking is from other people loving it!
- Dry Soba Noodles
- 1/4 Lb Snow Peas
- 1 Scallion, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Soba Tsuyu (Noodle Soup Base) or Soy Sauce/Tamari of your choice
1. Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
2. While you wait for the water to boil, heat some olive oil in a skillet.
3. Saute the minced garlic for one minute.
4. Throw in the snow peas and cook for a minute.
5. Throw in the scallions and cook until the scallions are tender and the peas are warmed throughout.
6. When the water comes to a boil, Cook Soba for three minutes and drain immediately.
7. Place the Soba in with your veggies and toss to mix.
8. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Done! Now, serve in a bowl topped with the Soba Soup Base or any soy sauce/tamari that you love! Honestly, this stuff’s good without anything at all!
Another great topping is gomashio (toasted sesame seeds ground up with sea salt) or strips of Nori (seaweed). Or all of the above, mmm mmmm mmmmmm!
I’m turning Japanese I think I’m turning Japanese I really think so…….
What’s your favorite “exotic to you” dish to make at home?